Children’s Cove is seeking a Support Staff Intern for the Summer, 2018.
Over the course of this internship, students will be expected to accompany staff during outreach and trainings, observe the entire process of a child sexual abuse disclosure including the forensic interview, referral of programs, and assistance with the legal aspect of each case. Interns will assist with the intake process and learn appropriate triage of incoming cases. Interns will assist with data entry of each case. No one on one interaction with children. 10- 15 hours per week.
- Must have basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of child and family development.
- Must have knowledge of factors associated with child sexual abuse.
- Must have good self-care practice as the content the work at Children’s Cove can often be difficult.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Confidentiality agreement must be signed.
Education level preferred: Juniors/Seniors currently enrolled at an accredited four-year university in an appropriate field of study, i.e., social work, psychology, criminal justice, human services, education, health studies, or sociology.
What can you expect to gain from this internship?
You will gain a unique perspective working with an agency that provides children who have experienced sexual abuse and their non-offending families, access to support and services. You will learn to navigate these areas of services, and the legal, social, mental health and medical practices involved. Learn more about Children’s Cove.