The Information Technology Department at Barnstable County is seeking an IT Intern during the Spring, Summer and Fall Semesters of 2019.
Applications for the Spring 2019 semester are due by December 15, 2018.
Description: Assist Barnstable County IT in the development and establishment of a full IT asset lifecycle plan for all physical assets, starting with the discovery, documentation, and reclamation of IT assets and inventory owned by/purchased through the County of Barnstable. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Collection of in-place/active asset information, including identifying information (make/model/serial), physical location, and user association.
- Determining funding source and original purchase/requisition date from multiple sources.
- Tag/label all active assets.
- Assist in determining lifecycle management procedures for IT, from procurement and deployment to surplus/disposition.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and professionally with personnel at all levels within multiple organizations on the County’s main campus
- Ability to efficiently correlate information gathered with pre-existing records
- Database/data analytics and reporting a plus.
- Ability to identify personal computer hardware and peripheral types by category.
Education level: Open to all undergraduates who are currently enrolled at an accredited college or university.
What can you expect to gain from this internship? By the end of the semester, you will have had involvement/assistance with process/procedure development, leading to policy. Real-world experience with asset management methods, IT procurement auditing, and information management. Experience allows for the holder of the position to exercise their creativity by assisting in the building of a framework that others will follow, from the ground up.
This internship will also be offered during Spring, Summer and Fall of 2019.